Well, you probably want to know what to expect here. As a follower of the first president, George Washington, I want to put forth articles that will inspire additional thought, so you can enjoy what you already know, your beliefs in the Constitution and the country. I try to write on subjects that have been missed in all the other information sources, of course mixing in some sarcasm and humour. Enjoy the freedom.
Saturday, February 27, 2010
I hadn't any experience seeing her before. She's quite a firebrand, and extremely engaging with her manner of presentation. I do recommend her talk at CPAC. If you know of other speeches she has done, leave a note.
She started with commentary on Cameron's movie - Avatar. Her estimation was that it was beautiful, and also absolutely anti-american, anti-capitalist, and anti-mining. She disliked that every child wants to see it and thus will be brainwashed.
I disagree, so I'll pen on.
I haven't listened to or read any any Cameron interviews relating to his politics. Not really interested; thought I'd let the movie work it. I'll write here about what I saw.
Anti-american - no. The people of Pandora have their freedom. The company will provide for the greater good of the universe, which requires forcing the tribe's relocation to a relative desert. The people in the movie theatre don't like that. Was "Mao" the head managers middle name?
Anti-capitalist - no. The mining company wasn't doing resource development. They were after resource stealing. They never cared to understand what was all around them. Everyone in the theatre realized there were amazing possibilities on that planet. Capitalism rules.
Anti-mining - what mining? What I saw was Blitzkrieg.
So, what was in this movie? Does this sound familiar to you?
1. Deciding they want the wealth of another population an organization activates a public plan. Should the plan fail, they have a plan b.
2. Negotiating with the population while, behind the scenes, readying an army that will enforce control.
2. The use of science so long as it is working for them. When the science will expose they are wrong, they cut off direct access to the data and the scientists, instead interpreting findings which happen to filter down to exactly what they want to do.
3. Justifying their actions with claims of the greater need.
4. Attempts to silence opposing scientists by ending their careers.
5. Belittling and demonizing the population they want to silence and push aside.
Are pandora bears an endangered species?
Yes, children are going to see it, but hopefully every child, and every one of us, is going to feel it.
Addendum, a month later, March 2010:
The democrats, ignoring the decision of a great majority that the health care bill is bad, displayed for the country their absence of ethics. They must have the studied the corporation in Avatar, on how to justify behavior. It is a corporation that is bigger than the banks, the car companies, etc.
If Cameron intended the film to promote global warming and all the other liberal bullying then he made a big, expensive mistake. The film screams Freedom and Self-Reliance. The entity that is the corporation is an avatar itself, encapsulating the real mindset of the liberal progressives.
Avatar: a space-age corporation invades a planet, that is hundreds of years younger, to lead the population on how to use the resources of their planet for their own good.
- read and consider
- Well, you probably want to know what to expect here. As a follower of the first president, George Washington, I want to put forth articles that will inspire additional thought, so you can enjoy what you already know, your beliefs in the Constitution and the country. I try to write on subjects that have been missed in all the other information sources, of course mixing in some sarcasm and humor. Enjoy the freedom.